State Madhya Pradesh
The district is named after its headquarters, Tikamgarh. The original name of the town was Tihri. In 1783, the ruler of OrchhaVikramajit (1776–1817) shifted his capital from Orchha to Tihri renamed it Tikamgarh (Tikam is one of the names of Krishna).
Tehri was the site of the fort of Tikamgarh, and the town eventually took the name of the fort. The area covered by this district was part of the Princely State of Orchha till its merger with the Indian Union. The Orchha state was founded by RudraPratap in 1501. After merger, it became one of the eight districts of Vindhya Pradesh state in 1948. Following the reorganization of states on 1 November 1956 it became a district of the newly carved Madhya Pradesh
Well Connected with National and State Highways
Tikamgarh is well connected to other major cities of the country via regular buses.
Well Connected with Major Railway Statons
46 km away Lalitpur (LAR), Lalitpur, Uttar Pradesh 54 km away Talbahat (TBT), Talbahat, Madhya Pradesh
Well Connected with Major Airports
109 km away Khajuraho Airport (HJR), Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh 178 km away Gwalior Airport (GWL), Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh